Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siga2000
Level 3

ISRootStagePath only works in stage_only mode

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a Suite/Advanced UI project and I'd like to let the user select an extraction path for our packages. I found the ISRootStagePath property, which it does what I need, except it only works in stage_only mode. Is there an equivalent that works in install mode?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @Siga2000 ,

There is a "Cache Path" setting for each package in the Package view, you can configure this setting to a property and the property value can be configured during runtimr.

Cache Path

.msi,
.msp,
.exe,
.appx,
InstallScript,
Web Deploy,
Basic MSI project,
InstallScript project

Specify where the cached package and other package files should be stored on the end user’s system. You can enter a hard-coded value such as C:\CachedFiles, but it is recommended that you use a destination property value in the list for the path. The default value is as follows:

[LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations

The Setup.exe tab in the Releases view lets you specify whether you want to cache the packages on target systems for any packages that are run on target systems and that have a cache path defined. If you are building an uncompressed release, you may want to avoid caching packages on the target system.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/SteCommon.htm

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @Siga2000 ,

There is a "Cache Path" setting for each package in the Package view, you can configure this setting to a property and the property value can be configured during runtimr.

Cache Path

.msi,
.msp,
.exe,
.appx,
InstallScript,
Web Deploy,
Basic MSI project,
InstallScript project

Specify where the cached package and other package files should be stored on the end user’s system. You can enter a hard-coded value such as C:\CachedFiles, but it is recommended that you use a destination property value in the list for the path. The default value is as follows:

[LocalAppDataFolder]Downloaded Installations

The Setup.exe tab in the Releases view lets you specify whether you want to cache the packages on target systems for any packages that are run on target systems and that have a cache path defined. If you are building an uncompressed release, you may want to avoid caching packages on the target system.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield26helplib/helplibrary/SteCommon.htm

This works. Thank you!
0 Kudos