cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2yz
Level 3

ISLE 2015 not using correct library

Hi,

We upgraded ISLE from 2013 to 2015 due to known problems with .Net 4.6 being installed on our development workstations. Everything seemed to be fine until we noticed that upgrades using generated msi files were not missing a library. Fresh installs and repairs worked fine. After digging through Orca, we found the issue to be with 2015 using an older version of the DLL.

The issue is with Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.DLL.

The DLL is set as Specific Version: false, Embed: false, Copy Local: True

The project references the dll directly from a directory with the correct library version to use.

Upon building the Installer, ISLE correctly identifies the dependency on the library and adds it, BUT it selects the GAC version not our "local copy". This is not how 2013 worked and is causing problems.

2013 correctly uses 15.0.4713.1000 from file system.
2015 incorrectly uses 15.0.4701.1000 from GAC

This causes the msi to remove the library during an upgrade and not add it back.

Can I have some explanation on why this behaviour has changed and how we can get it to work as per 2013 without sticking with 2013 minus .Net 4.6 or manually adding the library to the output?

Regards
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

Are there any files with Scan at Build set to dependency?
Is it possible that the wrong file could be pulled in because of that?

Also, are there multiple of the same file in the built installer?
0 Kudos
2yz
Level 3

kyi wrote:
Hi,

Are there any files with Scan at Build set to dependency?
Is it possible that the wrong file could be pulled in because of that?

Also, are there multiple of the same file in the built installer?

I reverted back to an earlier version of ISLE which wasn't causing issues. Using the same setup file (edited to change version number to make it compatible) behaves differently between the versions.

I'd like not to have to manually add all my references if possible, but at the moment, it looks like it's the only way to be sure.
0 Kudos