cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay__K
Level 7

ISIISInstall during patch.

Hi,
For the first version of my product I created a virtual directory called 'ECLWS'.

I noticed that the appFriendlyName was missing and this caused problems for IIS6.

I fixed the problem using this post, http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=193462.

During the patch I want the IIS virtual directory to contain the new properties I have set for it, but this is not happening. :mad:

I have also tried to retire the component the Virtual Dir is created with, and create a new VirutalDir with the same name in a new component.
During the patch I can see that ISIISUninstall is removing the old virtual dir, but ISIISInstall is not even botherring to create the new one.

Is this a bug? Does anyone know the best way to update a virtual directory (settings) during a patch?

Thanks,
Vijay.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Vijay__K
Level 7

Anyone.. any ideas?
0 Kudos
Vijay__K
Level 7

Didn't really find a solution so I had to create a deferred custom action to remove the Virtual Directories after ISIISUninstall, so that when ISIISInstall occurs it sees that the Virtual Directories are missing so it repairs them with the changes the patch has.

Vijay
0 Kudos