Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Uninstall doesn't remove all features

Hi,

I'm having problems with an installscript project. It installs fine, but when I try to uninstall, a few of the features are not removed.

For the problem features, all the components within are set to uninstall.

Features include:
- the main app, which uninstalls completely.
- A second app, self contained with its own shortcuts. This fails to uninstall.
- A driver installer (exe only) with a shortcut. This fails to uninstall.

It even fails if I do a modify and uncheck them. The main app gets removed but the other features do not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

After some further investigation, I've discovered that it works correctly if I remove all the merge module objects from the project.

Does anyone know how this affects the uninstall if a feature has objects attached to it?

Thanks,

Rich.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Just for information, I managed to resolve the problem.
I'm not sure if the problem is unique to me, as no one responded.

It appears that all features installed after merge module objects in the setup structure hierarchy failed to uninstall later.

If I moved all merge module objects to a feature of their own at the bottom of the hierarchy, then all worked correctly.

This means I wasn't able to attach merge modules to a particular feature and only install them if the feature was selected, but at least it is working now.
0 Kudos
herbie68
Level 4

I have exactly the same problem.

After uninstalling several Features where not uninstalled files and shortcuts.

I deleted the two merge modules (Visual FoxPro Driver and Provider) and the uninstall removes everything.

So its not a unique problem.

But I didn't find out why this happens, this is my first installscript where I have this problem. Ik onter installscripts I also use mergemodules and I do not have an problems uninstalling those applications.

Perhaps the merge modules are instaaled on the end, i am not sure about that.

Hope someone knows how to solve this

Herbert
0 Kudos
brandyman
Level 2

Hello,

i have the similiar problem with an included merge module. If i move the merge module to a feature on the end of the feature queue the uninstall process of my feature is ok; but some information of the merge module feature is still left. Merge module include MFC 6.0, DAO 3.60; C++ Runtime

Has anyone an idea?

Regards brandyman
0 Kudos