cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_iv
Level 3

ISDEV : fatal error -7159 from web application

Hi all,

I have licensed copy of InstallShield Premier Edition 2008 and I'm calling IsCmdBld.exe too. I have two applications doing that equivalent calls: one is win app, second is web app written in ASP.NET. When I run win app everything is fine, but when I run web app - I got message:

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized. You must launch the IDE to configure the product license in order to proceed.

I've found windows FLEXnet Licensing Service, it runs under Local System account.
So I assume that a problem is an account which starts IsCmdBld.exe: with my win app IsCmdBld.exe (and FLEXnet Licensing Service) is running under local account, with my web app it's running under ASP.NET account and I suppose FLEXnet Licensing Service is never called.

Please help me with my issue, I need to run IsCmdBld.exe from web application. Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Have you tried the Standalone build? The Standalone build uses a different mechanism for protection (no service required) so you should be able to call it from ASP.NET without a problem.
0 Kudos
andrew_iv
Level 3

Thanks for reply, Mike

Yes, I'm using standalone build project. I'm just calling IsCmdBld.exe with .ism parameter from .bat file, and .bat file I'm calling from ASP.NET
0 Kudos
andrew_iv
Level 3

The content of my .bat file:

"C:\Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\System\
ISCmdBld.exe" -p "SetupProject.ism" -c COMP

That's all
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Standalone Build (issabld.exe) is a little different from Command Line Build (iscmdbld.exe). It's actually a whole seperate installation designed specifically around building installs without a GUI.

More information can be found here:
http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield14helplib/StandAloneBuild.htm
0 Kudos
andrew_iv
Level 3

Thanks bryanwolf for clarification about standalone build.

I'd downloaded it, installed and modified my .bat file accordingly to use issabld.exe. But the problem still exists: when I run this .bat file from win application or run it with cmd.exe (under Local system account) everything goes perfectly. When I run this .bat file from web application (ASP.NET account), it shows me a message (look forward) and processes issabld.exe, sign..code.exe are still living in memory.

ISDEV : fatal error -1014: Cannot rename directory [my output directory] Windows Explorer or a DOS prompt may be pointing to a subfolder of the release output folder (Disk1) or to the Interm folder, locking it. Change the current directory. Close any open files in the Disk1 folder. Close Msidb.exe if it is open.

My executables use signing. I've found that during build process appears new security window prompting for credentials and issabld.exe (or iscmdbld.exe) puts focus on that window and autofills required credentials. This window appears at least 2 times (one time for signing .msi, second time - for signing .exe).

So I think that signing windows are never called when I'm running issabld.exe (or iscmdbld.exe) from asp.net (or php or ... just generally from any web application.)

Am I right?
0 Kudos
andrew_iv
Level 3

Ok, guys.

I've discovered that the trouble is just with signing my install files. When signing is off, everything works fine with iscmbbld.exe or issabld.exe.

The problem is just how to sign my .exe and .msi (actually I have no idea how to sign just .msi, cause it appears only some seconds during build process)

Any ideas? And many thanks for your replies.
0 Kudos