cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARobinson
Level 3

ISDEV : error Val0008:

Hi,

Our ism file has started throwing Val0008 error during the build, despite the fact there has been no change to the file. The full error is as follows:

######### ISDEV : error Val0008: In the Upgrade table, the Action Property 'ISFOUNDNEWERPRODUCTVERSION' is not listed as a member of SecureCustomProperties. The defined upgrade may not function properly.

I know the property in question is part of the new functionality to prevent downgrades, but why would it suddenly start causing us build errors, given that we have made no changes to the SecureCustomProperties property, or for that matter the project, between builds?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
rasky74
Level 6

Did someone turn validation on? I usually run validation but set IS to not fail on build errors on my local box.
0 Kudos
ARobinson
Level 3

The build that is failing is on a build machine which has the Standalone build engine installed, and it has not been changed between our last build success, and this failure. I'm not sure how to turn validation on/off on the Standalone build module, or if it contains a validation suite?
0 Kudos
ARobinson
Level 3

More info, have been talking to the build manager. They're using the automation interface to build our release. My understanding of this is that validation should be turned off unless you specify to turn it on.

The full output also indicates that validation has not been been run:

######### Performing Upgrading and Patching Validation

######### ISDEV : error Val0008: In the Upgrade table, the Action Property 'ISFOUNDNEWERPRODUCTVERSION' is not listed as a member of SecureCustomProperties. The defined upgrade may not function properly.

######### Started signing Telelogic DOORS 9.0.msi ...

######### Successfully signed and timestamped: Telelogic DOORS 9.0.msi

######### ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

######### Windows validation is disabled. To enable Windows validation: on the Tools menu, click Options and select the Validation tab.

######### You can use the Certified for Windows(R) Vista Validation Suite (plus InstallShield ICEs) to determine whether your product meets Certified for Windows(R) Vista Program installation standards.

######### For more information, see KB article .
0 Kudos
rasky74
Level 6

Sorry, Not sure how to turn that off from stand alone. Maybe someone from IS can chime in.
0 Kudos
rasky74
Level 6

Are they using Standalone + Automation Interface or Automation Interface+IDE? If second option you will need turn off "Perform Patching & Upgrading validation" in the validation tab. I don't recommend this though. Better off just fixing the error.
0 Kudos