cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi_Raj_Nukala
Level 3

ISDEV : error -7354

Hi,
I am Migrating my Current IS2015 Project to IS2018.
I am seeing the error when i try to compile the Installshiled in 2018.
Can anyone please help how to solve the below errors??

ISDEV : error -7354: The Chinese (Simplified): ??¡µûç(?«Ç??ô) value for string 'IDS_ERROR_1935' does not contain a le
gitimate value for table Error column Message
ISDEV : error -7354: The Chinese (Traditional): ??¡µûç(??ü?½ö) value for string 'IDS_ERROR_68' does not contain a leg
itimate value for table Error column Message
ISDEV : error -7354: The Korean: ?ò£??¡?û? value for string 'IDS__DatabaseFolder_ChangeFolder' does not contain a leg
itimate value for table Control column Text
ISDEV : error -7354: The Korean: ?ò£??¡?û? value for string 'IDS_ERROR_1609' does not contain a legitimate value for
table Error column Message
ISDEV : error -7354: The Korean: ?ò£??¡?û? value for string 'IDS_ERROR_2841' does not contain a legitimate value for
ISDEV : error -7354: The Korean: ?ò£??¡?û? value for string 'IDS_ERROR_2860' does not contain a legitimate value for
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi Ravi,

Can you provide some more details like what kind of project you are migrating to IS 2018, is it Basic MSI? and what all are the languages enabled in your project.
0 Kudos

I am getting this same error as I am attempting to upgrade my IS 2014 projects to IS 2019. The Message column in the Error table does not have a value specific to Chinese that I can tell. The String Editor shows what appears to be a legit value for the references identifier IDS_ERROR_1935. This is a default value - I have not changed it. 

I have attached screen cpatures, project file and log file. 

I am currently using the evaluation version of IS 2019 while I await funding to purchase a license. 

0 Kudos

I created a new MSI project in IS 2019 and compared the value of this field to the value in my upgraded project. There is one small difference:
New IS 2019 value for IDS_ERROR_1935:
安装程序集组件 [2] 时出错。HRESULT:[3]。{{程序集界面:[4], 函数:[5], 程序集名称: [6]}}

Project upgraded from IS 2014:
安装程序集组件 [2] 时出错。HRESULT:[3]。{{程序集界面:[4], 函数:[5]。{{程序集名称: [6]}}

The difference is immediately following the "[5]"
New: [5], 程
Upgraded: [5]。{{程

Seems like IS 2014 had a mal-formed string. Copying the string from the new IS 2019 project into my upgraded project resolved the problem.