cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll (Standalone Build)

Hi,

I just migrated a Basic MSI project from IS2008 to IS2009.

Building the release with InstallShield IDE works.
Building the release with the Standalone Build results in error -7132. Here is the .log file entry:
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 StandaloneBuild\Redist\0407\i386\_isres.dll

-Holger
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
Weiman
Level 4

I had the same problem. It seems that the language files for a couple of languages are missing from the SA installation. I copied the missing directories from the IDE installation and all is fine.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Are they missing or have the just been moved to the Premiere International edition?

Yes, I'm kidding...
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Weiman wrote:
I had the same problem. It seems that the language files for a couple of languages are missing from the SA installation. I copied the missing directories from the IDE installation and all is fine.

Thanks, that fixes the problem.
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the Standalone Build for projects that include German or Japanese languages. We are tracking this with issue number IOC-000072342.

The workaround, as suggested, is to copy over the _isres.dll files and folders from your full InstallShield IDE install location over to your SAB install location.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
ToVolkmar
Level 2

Hi,

I have the same Problem. Can someone specify what I have to copy in what location?

Thank you

Tobias
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Wow, there is a whole boatload of these files - at least in my full IDE directory.

I just did a search for _isres.dll in the directory and came up with 68 files found. I thought it might be an easy copy and paste with one or two files, but unfortunately I cannot be of help here. I think I might be able to come up with a command line though that does the copy and paste for all instances if that is appropriate. My guess is that you will be fine with just copying the ones for the languages you support in your installation.
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You will need to copy over the languages you support from the InstallShield full IDE install's Redist folder. For example if you include German in your install, then copy ..\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\0407\i386\_isres.dll and ..\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\0407\i386\Skins\_isres.dll to the matching Standalone Build install location (..\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 StandaloneBuild\Redist\0407\i386\_isres.dll and ..\Program Files\InstallShield\2009 StandaloneBuild\Redist\0407\i386\Skins\_isres.dll).
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
chgruber
Level 4

I have a similar problem. My build works fine on my IDE machine but then fails on the StandAlone machine build (IS2008, not IS2009). Here is the error:

ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file F:\FinalbuilderTemp\TFS\Build 7\ProjectName\Main\Source\source\Installshield\Scripts\Setup.inx

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It may be the same error number (because it also fails during the streaming), but the cause is quite different. It cannot find the setup.inx file, which is the compiled version of setup.rul. This is often because there was a problem compiling the script code, but has sometimes been due to incorrect directory references in the project. Do you know which scenario applies?
0 Kudos
eseilram
Level 5

I came across the same problem building my installation package with standalone build. It includes German and English languages.
I compied the 0409 folder from the IDE witch is updated to servicepack 2.
And there a only 43 files in the original 0407 folder but 63 the in the german folder plus an extra subfolder VS.

But anyway: I still have that fault!
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

A follow-up is posted here:
http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=183779
0 Kudos
K0NFUZIUS
Level 5

Hi,
I had the same problem after adding an Installscript into the "Custom Actions and Sequences".
The problem was that I've added the language English(UK) to the Project. With the "Add new Language" Tool. So the complete folder 0809 was missing. I copied it from English(US) one and every things works fine.

Joerg
0 Kudos