cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

ISDEV: error -6117: "Script\Resource\RC.exe" could not be found (Standalone Build)

I found another issue with the Standalone Build.

Pure InstallScript project using skin mode:

ISDEV : error -6117: The resource compiler "Script\Resource\RC.exe" could not be found. Go to Tools |  Options and set a location to a Resource compiler.

To fix this I had to add some registry key values taken from the full installation at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\15.0\Professional\Resource

I really hope that Acresso will update the Standalone Build asap with a full working one. The current one is completely unacceptable.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

An official fix for this will be available in the near future, but I have attached the file that will fix this problem to this post if you will accept a file that has not yet gone through our QA process. Please make a backup copy of the existing IsAppServices.dll file in the Standalone install's System folder and replace it with the file attached to this post.

Please let us know if this doesn't work for you.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Thanks Sheryl,

I will give it a try asap, for now it seems to work using those registry entries I made. Hope a stable SAB will be available soon.

-Holger
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We just updated the SAB to SP1. If you re-download it you should now get a version that corrects this issue.

We also just released IS2009 SP1. Go to the Tools menus and select Check for Updates to get the patch.
0 Kudos
grills
Level 3

Hi Mike,

I'm unable to get the "Tools > Check for Updates" process to work.

Another issue which I will look into at another date, but can you post a link to obtain the SP1 update for the SAB ?

Thanks

Mark
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Because we limit access to the Stand alone build, I cannot post the link directly.

If you send me an email privately with your contact info, I can send you the link.

Thanks,
Mike (mmarino@acresso.com)
0 Kudos