cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franzw
Level 3

ISDEV : error -4075, merge module 'Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86 not found

Hi users of IS SAB.
I develop my MSI Basic setups on my computer and automate the creating of setups on a dedicated build computer. The build computer has only a SAB license.
Using IsCmdBld.exe to create a setup with my computer works fine. Doing the same with the build computer fails. The reason is that merge modules and redistributables are not part of the installation InstallShield SAB.
Hence, I chose to copied the folders Modules\386 and SetupPrerequisites from my computer to the build computer, folder C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2012 SAB.
That worked fine except for one problem. On the build computer I get the error: ISDEV : error -4075: File not found. An error occurred merging Module 'Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.F1DD796A_B984_3DCA_A68D_6B352BDC86F3:0' for …..
The file 'Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm exists, but probably not the GUI for it.
This is also the only merge modules that my ism file refers to. As long my prerequisites refer to setups for e.g. dotNet, i.e. exe-files every is fine.
I need to be able to be able to automate the compilation of IS projects, i.e. doing CI and nightly builds. How can I overcome the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Franz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
dehilster
Level 3

I had this same problem. I fixed it by going to the "Application Data", "Redistributables", and finding which checked items were not locally on my machine. I loaded those clicked on and then the problem was solved.
0 Kudos