cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sameer_
Level 3

ISB2011 Compile issue on 64-bit machine

I'm trying to compile a Installshield 2011 package using InstallShield Standalone Build on Windows Server 2008 64-bit machine. I'm getting below error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2011 SAB\System>IsCmdBld.exe -p "C:\Builds\Test\Test_Build\Sources\Installer\Installer.ism"

InstallShield (R)
Release Builder
Copyright (C) 2010 Flexera Software, Inc.
and/or InstallShield Co. Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Build started at Jan 31 2011 04:31 AM
Building Release: Release

ISDEV : fatal error -5047: Cannot create directory C:\IS\Install\Release
ISDEV : error -5047: Cannot create directory C:\IS\Install\Release\LogFiles
Install\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Whereas, It compiles fine in developer machine(Windows 7 32-bit) which has InstallShield 2011 Premier Edition installed.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This error will occur if the build fails to create a directory through the Win32 CreateDirectory API. Please ensure you have sufficient privileges to create these folders from your launching command prompt process. You can also use a troubleshooting tool such as ProcessMonitor (from www.sysinternals.com) to monitor file system activity for iscmdbld.exe to determine what failure is occurring when these directories fail to be created.
0 Kudos
Sameer_
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
This error will occur if the build fails to create a directory through the Win32 CreateDirectory API. Please ensure you have sufficient privileges to create these folders from your launching command prompt process. You can also use a troubleshooting tool such as ProcessMonitor (from www.sysinternals.com) to monitor file system activity for iscmdbld.exe to determine what failure is occurring when these directories fail to be created.

I'm able to resolve the issue with your suggestion. Thanks!!
0 Kudos