cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mercury
Level 3

IS2011 Install works on XP but not on other OS

My IS2011 basic msi x32 setup.exe installs successfully on XP boxes, but not on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 OS boxes. All the machines are x32. I get an "Error 1722" during the install on Windows 7 and Windows 2008. I run the setup.exe as Administrator on all machines. The 1722 error occurs when the install tries to stop (or start) a Custom Action service (sc stop abc).

The Windows Error Code is 1052: "The requested control is not valid for this service".

I have set the Releases/Required Execution Level to "Adminstrator".

In the .ism Installation Requirements, I have checked Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 r2, and Windows Vista.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

Error 1772 means that some custom action failed during installation. Please attach a install log which provides more details on various stages of installation.
0 Kudos
Mercury
Level 3

Attached is a part of the error log. The complete log was too big to upload.
Some othe info: I can manually start and stop the FinCrimeAppServerSvc that returns the Error 1722 message on the Windows 2007 and 2008 boxes:
C:\>sc stop FincrimeAppServerSvc
C:\>sc start FincrimeAppServerSvc
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

Is that service developed by your company?
Can you start and stop it manually outside the installer on those OS'es?

I propose to test it first outside the installer.
0 Kudos
Mercury
Level 3

Thanks for your response. And sorry for my delay.

1. Yes, the failed service is my service and started within a Custom Action.
more info: outside of CA, in the Setup Design/services view, it can be started.
2. Yes, I can manually stop and start the service outside of the installer on both the Windows 7 and Windows 2008 r2 OSes ( it fails on both inside IS).
3. I have tested the service outside the Installer at the command line and in Windows Services and the service can be stopped and started successfully.
0 Kudos