cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenMAC
Level 4

IS 2010 Feature questions

* I have the trial version of IS 2010 Pro. I loaded an IS 12 Installscript project, which went fine. When I attemp to change the OS dependencies of a component, Windows 7 is not listed. If I start a new Installscript project and edit the default component, I see Windows 7 as an option. Why is this? Can I get Windows 7 as a OS dependenciy without recreating the components?

* Is there any way to specify a version of DirectX as a prerequisit?

* Is it possible to have different prerequisits depending on the target OS? I have an installer that includes both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the application as different Features in the same installer. The app requires .NET, but I would only want the version appropriate to the OS to be a prereq.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Marwan
Level 7

* Just go to Project | Settings | Platforms and select the option to support all platforms supported by InstallShield. Once this option is selected, you will see all the OSs in the component property.

* You can create a new Prereq for this.

* Yes it is possible. Take a look at the Prerequisite Editor (Tools |Prerequisite Editor menu).
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

Is it possible to have files install to different locations depending on the OS? I was planning on creating two componenets with the same files in them and changing the installation path and OS requirement. Is there a better way to do this?
0 Kudos
ericpaul
Level 6

Sure, we added a custom InstallScript action (between AppSearch and LaunchConditions) that checks for the OS and sets the INSTALLDIR property accordingly.
This gives us an OS dependent default location for the software.
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

Okay, thanks.
0 Kudos
BenMAC
Level 4

If the same files are included in multiple componenents, do these files get packaged into a "Single EXE Installer" multiple times? I assume not, but was wondering if anyone knew.
0 Kudos