cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lysemose
Level 4

Fatal error -1027

Even though I have unchecked all signing on the Release/Signing tab I get a reproduceable fatal signing error immediately after AppId table has been built (see part of log file below).

What is Installshield doing here?
Is there any way to turn of time stamping?

+++++++++ log file ++++++++++++++
AppId table successfully built
Started signing 306.tmp ...
ISDEV : fatal error -1027: Failed signing 306.tmp
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm not sure what is causing that error. In any case, you can disable timestamping and see if resolves the error.

To disable timestamping:
1. Find the Settings.xml file that is installed with InstallShield (InstallShield Program Files Folder\Support\0409).
2. The default XML in this file contains the following line:

3. Delete that URL so that you have an empty ("") value for the Timestamp attribute.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
skutnar
Level 4

May be related, may be not:
We sign our setups, and we're using InstallShield 2009 Professional. I can consistently reproduce error -1027 if I "accidentally" have the CAPS LOCK on when I do a build. I'm guessing InstallShield is using the keyboard driver to type the password into the signing tool. This error or other weird signing behavior has also occurred if I'm trying to do a long build in the background while navigating and typing in another application in the foreground. Can't there be a better way to do signing?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There is if you can use a .pfx file. This is much cleaner and I strongly prefer it. Unfortunately the tooling we use with .spc and .pvk files does not support any other way of providing the password, so for that case we use the "keyboard."
0 Kudos
skutnar
Level 4

We don't have the option to use a PFX in our situation.

I suggest updating the knowledge base article(s) for the -1027 error to include the information about using the "keyboard".
0 Kudos