cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvarma
Level 7

IPAddress control

Hi,

Installshield does not provide a Activex or any other kind of control to accept IP address from user, I am looking for a way to create a dialog box in VB etc with IPAddress control then port it in Installshield.. is it possible?

BTW: I dont want user to enter ip-address in a text box, rather I would like to create a IPadress control that accepts only ipaddress.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

TIA
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
thepeter
Level 7

I cannot think of a mask that would accept only IP values.
You could use a validation method through VB string functions that would check if the format is "???.???.???.???"
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

thepeter wrote:
I cannot think of a mask that would accept only IP values.
You could use a validation method through VB string functions that would check if the format is "???.???.???.???"

Well, to your surprise, VB .net does (and infact VB6) does provide a MASKED control (MaskTextBox) that can be used (with validation) as a component on a form to accept IPADDRESS, but I am not aware of a technique that would allow me to port VB.NET dialog box into my installshield project..this is where I am stuck.??
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe InstallSite has a couple of examples; perhaps look in InstallScript Samples > User Interface and Windows Installer > InstallShield Samples for two approaches.
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

RobertDickau wrote:
I believe InstallSite has a couple of examples; perhaps look in InstallScript Samples > User Interface and Windows Installer > InstallShield Samples for two approaches.

Robert,

Thanks, i am looking at one of the examples on instalsite, where Windows API is being used to trun an existing control into IP Address control.

Thanks
0 Kudos