cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buddhika_cse
Level 3

Opening InstallShield MultiPlatform 5 project in InstallShield 2009 ?

Hi,
I'm moving to InstallShield 2009 from InstallShield MultiPlatform 5.
In InstallShield MultiPlatform 5, project file consists of xml configuration file.
Is it possible to open a InstallShield MultiPlatform 5 project file in installShield 2009 and continue the work.

If it is possible. please tell me the way to that?

Thanks
Buddhika
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Projects that were created with InstallShield MultiPlatform or InstallShield Universal cannot be upgraded to InstallShield 2009. (InstallShield 2009 has support for Windows platforms only. InstallShield MultiPlatform and InstallShield Universal had support for additional platforms.) The InstallShield MultiPlatform/Universal product line has been discontinued and replaced by the InstallAnywhere product. For more information, see the following page:
http://www.acresso.com/support/8003.htm
0 Kudos
buddhika_cse
Level 3

Hi, Thanks for the Advise.
Also I want to know can I register custom Java Class in Install Shield 2009 as in
Install Shield Multi platform.

Thanks
Buddhika
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield 2009 doesn't have support for custom beans (a Java class that needs to be registered with InstallShield before it can be used in any installation projects). The InstallShield 2009 equivalent of an InstallShield MultiPlatform custom bean is probably a custom action. Custom actions that are created in InstallShield 2009 do not need to be registered with InstallShield.

Here are some links to help topics that describe custom actions in InstallShield 2009:
Using Custom Actions
Custom Actions View
(This second help topic describes the different types of custom actions that InstallShield supports.)
0 Kudos