cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbuckman
Level 3

IIS7 handler mapping order

We are using IS 2008 to configure an ISAPI DLL handler mapping. In Vista+ operating systems the handler mapping is added to the end of the list which means it does not work without manual configuration. This worked in IS 11.5. Is there a way to make this work properly in IS 2008 or could someone point me to a good resource on how to configure the handler mapping pragmatically after the fact.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
bbuckman
Level 3

Could someone advise whether IS 2009 has improved IIS7 support over IS 2008 and if so in what ways?
0 Kudos
bbuckman
Level 3

For others frustrated with the InstallShield IIS7 support I was able to make the changes I need to our installer by using the appcmd.exe utility (which is located in the System32\InetSrv directory). This allowed me to configure the virtual directories, handler mappings, default document, and windows authentication settings in IIS without using the built in InstallShield IIS support. This also allowed me to get rid of requiring that customers install IIS 6 Metabase compatibility which shouldn't be required except that InstallShield doesn't support IIS7 like it should.

I had to assign a component to a feature that I dynmically disable if the OS is Vista or greater. That component is associated with the InstallShield IIS configuration. I need this because InstallShield is still used to configure IIS6 and before.
0 Kudos