cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girishkatti123
Level 7

IIS installation using InstallScript

Hi,
Is their any way to automate installation of Internet Information Services(IIS) using IS2009.

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

If you are trying to install IIS itself, Windows provides some facilities for doing this. On newer versions of Windows, such as Windows 2008 Server, it should be possible to install IIS by launching pkgmgr. On older versions, you may need to try using sysocmgr (note this may result in a prompt for the original Windows installation media).

A simpler and more recommended approach would be to require IIS be installed before your setup can be installed.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

Thanks for the reply,
BUt when I use the command using the answer file its asking for CD, should I inclusde the i386 folder and then proceed with the installation or how should i proceed

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

To the best of my knowledge, if IIS is not installed the person installing will need their windows installation CD. I am not aware of any seperately distributed installation for IIS. It is a windows component and as such would need to be installed from the installation media for Windows.

The reason for using prerequisites is to ensure the user has all software that is not part of your application, but is required by your application installed prior to installing your product.

James
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

yes, Lurean is right. you need to first install IIS before proceeding with the setup. that is the best way.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

HI all,
Thanks for your responce.
0 Kudos