cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fyodor
Level 3

IIS configuration

Hi,
I am trying to configure IIS properties in Internet Information Servicies view in the IDE of InstallShield 2008. Everything works as desired untill I want to parameterised some values i.e. Virtual directory name and a user name.
I follow exactly what written in the "Using InstallScript Text Substitution to Dynamically Modify IIS Settings" article from the help but the Virtual directory and the user are created unchenged ( and ).

What can be wrong?

Thank you

Fyodor Koryazhkin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
venkatprasanth
Level 2

Hey,
Set the string for the virtual directory as [MYDIRNAME].
Create the Property in PropertyTable.
After u get the input from the user, Call the Function
MsiSetProperty(ISMSI_HANDLE,'MYDIRNAME',BLAHBLAH,BLAHBLAH).

Lot of people and InstallShield developers here are telling us to use TextSubSetValue() or something else. They didnt work. 'MYDIRNAME' DOES THE MAGIC.
0 Kudos
Fyodor
Level 3

I've forgotten to mention here that I am using InstallScript project and MsiSetProperty will not work.
Anyway, Thank you for a reply

Fyodor.
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

How can you change a property with Installscript.

I have similar needs in an installscript project, I would like to set a or [Propertyname] and change it with installscript to rename a virtual directory. In MSI I used vb script to set property values I read about the Property(get,put) but not for sure if this is what I am looking for.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I did not encounter any issues with using textsubs to dynamically change a virtual directory name or anonymous username.

Can you reproduce this issue in a sample project? If so, can you attach the sample?
0 Kudos
jchristman
Level 8

I got the string replacement to work, thanks guys. 🙂
0 Kudos