cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-H
Level 3

ICE18 errors

I am getting the following errors when I validate my msi using Orca after building with InstallShield 2010 Express SP1

ICE18 ERROR KeyPath for Component: 'ISX_DEFAULTCOMPONENT' is Directory: 'INSTALLDIR'. The Directory/Component pair must be listed in the CreateFolders table.
ICE18 ERROR KeyPath for Component: 'ISX_DEFAULTCOMPONENT3' is Directory: 'INSTALLDIR'. The Directory/Component pair must be listed in the CreateFolders table.

I can get rid of them by manually adding entries in the Create Folder table (using Orca rather than Direct Editor as I have 2010 Express) and then I have to manually run signtool.exe on the msi. Because we automate our build process this is not an acceptable long term solution.

Please could anyone give me tips on how to avoid these errors in the first place?
And also how can I tell what elements the ISX_DEFAULTCOMPONENTs relate to?

While our application installs fine I cannot ignore these errors as I did with InstallShield 2010 Express as we are trying to get a Microsoft "Works with" logo and these are preventing us from doing so.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Ajay_Ladsaria
Level 7

John,

One way you could address this situation is to edit the InstallShield Express project file (.ise) with Orca and add the missing entries to the CreateFolder table.

Just make sure to keep a back-up copy of the Express project file before making any changes to it because you could accidentally make an incorrect change leading to a corrupt project file.

Modifying data in the Express project file directly with Orca can lead to a damaged project file so this should generally be avoided. But I believe it will resolve the issue that you are currently experiencing.

Regards,
Ajay
0 Kudos