cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamilton-Scott
Level 3

I've missed the buzz on 2008...

I got the notification email and I'm choosing to wait for the disk media to arrive in the post rather than take a chance on the download option. In the meantime, does 2008 have a completely new IDE? I get the impression it has been changed but I'm curious to know if it's just tweaks or a radical change?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

IMHO, at first I though IS2008 was a bunch of small changes that were all nice but none of them really got me excited.

I'm now starting to appreciate many of these changes more so I'm more excited about the release then I originally was.

I have a tip on my blog about building a project in both IS12 and IS2008 to try it out risk free. I'd say check it out and go for it. I'm glad I did.

Otherwise read the release notes, I don't feel like repeating everything that Debbie already spent tons of time to write down.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'll echo Chris here in saying that I don't think there are any earth-shattering changes which will cause you to have to fundamentally relearn how to use InstallShield. Instead there are a lot of tweaks and improvements (mostly small, some larger) which we hope will only improve your workflow when using it.
0 Kudos