cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santosh
Level 3

How to writescript to run a .cmd file or I installshield detects .cmd file

Hi I have group of files which must be copied to the particular location. I wrote script in .cmd which copies all files to the particular location . I want to know when i add all files in Application files in installshield including "install.cmd" Is their any way that when i run setup it must run "install.cmd" Or Is their any other way to achive it

Please do reply

Thanks
Santosh:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Ajay_Ladsaria
Level 7

Simply adding an install.cmd file as an application file will not cause it to be executed during the installation. It will just be treated as a file that needs to be installed.

You should look into using a custom action to run the CMD file (perhaps with an EXE - Path referencing a directory custom action).

Ideally you should only use such a custom action if the built-in Windows Installer functionality will not be sufficient to accomplish the same thing.
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

Add cmd file in to Support Files. While installation this file will come in the SUPPORTDIR (%tmp%\{Product Code GUID} folder). You can call this file using custom aciton. This cmd file not get installed and removed after installation or it is interrupted.
0 Kudos
santosh
Level 3

Hi Binesh and Ajay

Can you explain me in detail about "custom action to run the CMD file."

Thanks
Santosh Patil
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

you can find information about custom action in the Installshield Help. Try to use 'LaunchAppAndWait' function in the custom action.
0 Kudos