cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenzLiu
Level 4

How to use installscript in installshield 2009

hi,
I begin to study installshield currently. I wish to write a script by installscript.
But i don't find how to insert a installscript file. As far as know , i need get a script file after defined the install frame by the UI wizard,like as the wise install. I belive that installshield has the feature , but HOW to do?
By the way, how to define the localization by the installshield? I need localize more than twenty languages. Can i load the text on the dialog like as the LoadString method supportted by MFC?

regards

Benz
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The Express edition of InstallShield does not have support for InstallScript, but the Premier and Professional editions do. If you are using the Premier or Professional editions, I recommend that you post your thread to the following Community forum:
http://community.acresso.com/forumdisplay.php?f=245
0 Kudos
BenzLiu
Level 4

hi DebbieL,
Thank you for the feedback.
I use the installshield Express currently. I want to know whether installshield can meet our some personal needs, such as localization, registry service ,define the installation or expanding dialog , check some components whether can be replaced etc. I try to study the installshield 2009 ,and wish to find these features. But it has nothing ,except a define framework. It disappoint me . Can I get the installshield elementary express or a demo of the training of installshield 2009 ?
By the way, can I send email to you directly? If you are unwilling to disclose your email address in web, you can send it to my mailbox. Thanks a lot.
best regards

Benz
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you're trying to decide what edition of InstallShield to purchase and which would best meet a long list of requirements, you might want to contact Sales. Here's a link to a help topic that highlights some of the differences in the three editions:
http://helpnet.acresso.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield15helplib/UpgradingFromOtherInstallShieldEditions.htm
You mentioned that you need to localize your product into more than 20 different languages. You might need to consider the Premier edition, which has more advanced language support than Express. The Premier edition lets you create one project that includes support for multiple languages; Express does not.

If you want detailed help on using InstallShield, you might want to consider getting a maintenance plan.

If you've already purchased InstallShield Express Edition and you're trying to figure out how to use it, you might want to start with the evaluator guide (which might help you get started with some of the basics) and the InstallShield Help Library (which is installed with InstallShield—you can access this from the Help menu in InstallShield).

In which country or state are you located? If you provide that information, I can give you the direct contact information for the Sales person who works with customers in your area, and then you could contact that person directly for information on determining whether the Express edition will meet your requirements.
0 Kudos