How to use Installshield IDE with concurrent license?
My company has purchased Installshield 2019 concurrent license for 3 seats and use it in cloud based build systems. But, we are unable to use the IDE to modify the Installshield project files.
So the questions are:
1. Why doesn't Installshield provide IDE for concurrent license users?
2. How to modify the Installshield project without IDE?
3. If IDE is provided then How will it work in AWS AMIs which gets reset every month?
Re: How to use Installshield IDE with concurrent license?
Hi @ashish_thombre ,
Did your organization has concurrent license server running somewhere?
- In general concurrent license means activation code for concurrent license server.Still i would suggest you to contact flexera support,regarding activation issue via email@example.com
- More details:https://resources.flexera.com/instructions/productlicensing/en/installshieldconcurrent.htm
- How to modify the Installshield project without IDE? You can use automation interface to modify projects.Link to refer:https://www.revenera.com/blog/software-installation/2016/07/adding-configurations-with-the-installsh...
- But i assume once your activation issue gets sorted out,you will be able to use IDE to play around packaging of your setup.
- If IDE is provided then How will it work in AWS AMIs which gets reset every month? -You have to have concurrent license server running on static machine(physical/VM whose machine settings won't be changed) with which AWS AMI can check-in/out licenses.