cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishna_IT
Level 3

How to update License Agreement(EULA) in MSI Package (support multiple language) using any external tool?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created MSI Package using InstallShield@2014 supporting languages
English - United States(1033)
Chinese - Taiwan(1028)
Chinese - China(2052)

Language MST file (1033.mst, 1028.mst & 2052.mst) is embedded with MSI Package.
My requirement is to update MIS Package License Agreement(EULA) for all supporting languages from any external tool & Repackage MSI Package and share to end user.
When end user install MSI Package he/she can see updated License Agreement(EULA) for all supporting languages.
I tried many way to update MIS Package License Agreement(EULA) but unable to find correct way to update License Agreement(EULA).

Please help me to update License Agreement(EULA) in MSI Package using any external tool.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Regards,

Krishna Kumar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

On the same machine that Installshield is installed - if you right click the .msi you will be able to open it in "Direct Edit Mode"
This should give you the ability to replace the .rft file in the License Agreement dialog with a new one.
See if this is suitable for your needs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator

The EULA is built into the MSI when the installer was created, its one thing to try to extract the .rtf file out of the MSI, but it would be another thing entirely to try to put it back without using a tool like Installshield which primary purpose is to build Installers.

The easiest way to update the EULA in your installer is using your Installshield Project.

You'll need to manually update each .rtf file, and then within your Installshield Project, point to the modified .rtf EULA's and rebuild your installer.

If you no longer have the .ism project file, then Installshield does have the option to convert MSI files back into .ism projects:
https://docs.revenera.com/installshield/helplibrary/IHelpConvertMSIPkgIDERef.htm?
Doing this step will also give you access to the EULA .rtf files.

0 Kudos

Thank you for helping me.

Using Installshield Project(.ism) we are able to update  License Agreement (EULA) and that is working fine.

But our requirement is without using  Installshield Project(.ism) we have to repackage MSI with new License Agreement (EULA) using any Tool & rebuild same MSI package with new License Agreement (EULA) and package should work for all language with new License Agreement (EULA).

Regards,

Krishna Kumar

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator

On the same machine that Installshield is installed - if you right click the .msi you will be able to open it in "Direct Edit Mode"
This should give you the ability to replace the .rft file in the License Agreement dialog with a new one.
See if this is suitable for your needs.

0 Kudos

Thank you for you help.

That is working.

0 Kudos