cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramanathan2017
Level 2

How to skip windows service installation if already installed using Install-shield

Hi,

Subject : How to avoid windows service installation if already installed using Install-shield

Details :
I have multiple exe and windows service in install-shield project. Im trying to install or modify or remove multiple time in windows OS machine. In this scenario i want to check my windows service already installed than skip my windows service installation. Please help regarding this issue install-shield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chad_petersen
Level 9

I suspect you could run a System Search to see if the service is installed, and set the result to a PROPERTY - then use that PROPERTY as a Condition for the Component associated with the Service. I believe that would work. I use something similar but with a fleet of Windows Services that are all installed using a Custom Action with a [SERVICENAME] -i parameter so not exactly the same as what you are after, but since a traditional Service uses a Component behind the scenes and you can Condition the Component - I'm fairly confident it should work for you.

Chad
0 Kudos