cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuoZhong
Level 3

How to setup the installscript type project for the targeting ARM64 based device in the installshield 2022 or 2023 R1?

We have some installscript projects for the targeting X64 based device in installshield, but now, we need to  support the targeting ARM64 device, how should we transplant these installscript projects for X64 based device to support the targeting ARM64 based device? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
skrueger
Level 6

I'm not quite sure, but I don't think that InstallScript is supported on ARM

Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org / InstallSite.de
0 Kudos
GuoZhong
Level 3

Hi Stefan Krueger,

Why isn't Installscript supported on ARM or ARM64? We have some windows ARM64 notebook platforms which need installer. thanks. 

0 Kudos

I'm not working at Revenera/Flexera and therefore can't answer the "why".

According to the release notes, ARM support was added in InstallShield 2021 R2 and requires Windows Installer 5.0, therefore I think it's only avalable in MSI projects.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield27helplib/rn/Content/helplibrary/Full_ARM_Support.htm#isreleasenotes_3104246582_1252867

Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org / InstallSite.de
0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @GuoZhong,

You can directly install installscript created setup.exe in a ARM machine without any issue, since there are no template summary in installscript project type

If you want to specifically install files in a arm specific folder, then we need to write script.

0 Kudos
GuoZhong
Level 3

Hi Revenera,

Thanks for your reply. But I am confused that  why installscript created setup.exe  can install in a ARM machine without any issue? Doesn't the executable X64 CPU type match with ARM64? If I am wrong please correct me. thanks.

0 Kudos