cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
namankomre
Pilgrim

How to save service credentials while upgrading

Is there any way by which we can retain the service credentials while upgrading from one version to another?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PlinyElder
Pilgrim

Re: How to save service credentials while upgrading

I do this same thing with our DataConnectionString, i encrypt the string, save it to the registry and then upon upgrade pull that string back in, decrypt and set the installer properties. Then the user doesnt have to re-enter them. Also works well for the silent installs in MSI projects
0 Kudos
namankomre
Pilgrim

Re: How to save service credentials while upgrading

PlinyElder wrote:
I do this same thing with our DataConnectionString, i encrypt the string, save it to the registry and then upon upgrade pull that string back in, decrypt and set the installer properties. Then the user doesnt have to re-enter them. Also works well for the silent installs in MSI projects

In my case, I have an application which has a service. What if the user sets an account credential from its properties. Now, If he wants to upgrade to newer version which I am building how can I make sure that those service credentials will be retained after the upgrade? As of now while testing I can see those credentials are getting disappeared. In this case, everytime user upgrades to newer version he needs to put credentials again.
0 Kudos