cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhagyasri1
Level 2

Need help related to Installshield 2015 limited edition for visual studio.

Hi,

I'm working on "Installshield 2015 limited edition for visual studio", using this tool how to include the automatic updates like "how windows giving the updates as notifications".
We are generating on .exe file using installshield which will creates website in IIS server and deployes the pacakge. For this we need to also provide the automatic updates.

Hope you understand my requirement, please help me how to proceed this and what are the steps which includes.

Kindly respond to this thread.

Thanks,
G.Bhagyasri.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi,

For update notifications, you need to connect the project to a Flexnet Connection account In the Update Notifications view..
Flexnet Connect is another product and you need an account to set up the software that needs updates.
0 Kudos
bhagyasri1
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Could you tell me how to create the Flexnet Connection account.

Regards,
Bhagyasri
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

When you select "Yes" for Enable FlexNet Connect, the rest of the options are enabled.
The Is Product/Version Registered option has a Launch FlexNet Connect Site button at the end when you select it.
Once the page launched, you can connect to an existing FlexNet Connect account or sign up for a free trial.
0 Kudos