cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

How to run Prerequisite like Merge Module

I need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Prerequisite. However, it runs as soon as the setup program starts. The Setup program should collect the user information before starting the installation process since it impacts whether the prerequisite even needs to be installe. Is there a way to delay this until the user's input is completed and the actual file installation process begins? When I add Merge Modules I don't have this problem.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

If you're using a Basic MSI project, you may want to associate your prerequisite with a feature. For more details, see these help topics:

Setup Prerequisites vs. Feature Prerequisites

Associating an InstallShield Prerequisite with a Feature in a Basic MSI Project
0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

I'm using a script for my installation program. The prerequisite files aren't included in the setup.exe which complicates distribution, and of course it starts right away. Independent of the prerequisites, I can add those other program's setup files to my setup and run them from the script as the other files are being installed. However, this prevents those files from being uninstalled when someone chooses to uninstall my program.

I don't understand why I can't include the prerequisites like the merged modules.
0 Kudos