cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moinkhan
Level 5

How to reboot the machine after uninstallation during Major Upgrade?

Hello,

Is there an way to reboot the machine during the Major Upgrade? during the major upgrade process, installer uninstall the existing application and install the new application and then reboot the server, but the application includes some .net and NT services which in use during the un-install process and they were not deleted and when the installation process tried to install these services it generates the error and abort the installation. I am looking to reboot the machine after the uninstall process during the Major Upgrade and after reboot it start the installation process and again reboot the machine once it done with the installation.
I appreciate any type of help on this.
Thanks in advance.
-Moin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I haven't tried it, but the RemoveExistingProducts action is what uninstalls the older product version, and there's a ForceReboot action that can reboot the system in the middle of installation and then restart it (with the help of the AFTERREBOOT property); perhaps some combination like that?

Or could the services be stopped before RemoveExistingProducts runs?
0 Kudos
moinkhan
Level 5

RobertDickau wrote:
I haven't tried it, but the RemoveExistingProducts action is what uninstalls the older product version, and there's a ForceReboot action that can reboot the system in the middle of installation and then restart it (with the help of the AFTERREBOOT property); perhaps some combination like that?

Or could the services be stopped before RemoveExistingProducts runs?

Thanks Robert for your help, I appreciate it.

Here is how I use your tip to make it work:

I added the AFTERREBOOT property in Property Manager and set the value to 0, then I added the ForceReboot CA after RemoveExistingProducts and InstallInitialize CA's with condition AFTERREBOOT<>1 And IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE="Yes" this seems to be working.

-Moin
0 Kudos
weakness
Level 6

Very useful!! Thank you moinkhan and RobertDickau.

It helps me a lot.
0 Kudos