cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NuNu304
Level 3

How to open Pro project in the InstallShield Express?

Hello,

I run IS 2014 Express and try to open my old project created with IS 2009 Pro. I expect that my old project will be converted to a new format but I get a message that the project is non-Express and could not be open with IS Express.
Please help me to understand do I have another way to work with my project other that starting from scratch.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

The Express edition of InstallShield cannot open projects that were created in the Professional edition of InstallShield. You'd need either the Professional edition or the Premier edition in order to open your InstallShield 2009 Professional project.
0 Kudos
NuNu304
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
The Express edition of InstallShield cannot open projects that were created in the Professional edition of InstallShield. You'd need either the Professional edition or the Premier edition in order to open your InstallShield 2009 Professional project.

Even the old project created with Pro version is just a Basic one?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Correct. The Express edition of InstallShield cannot any open projects that were created in the Professional edition of InstallShield—regardless of how basic they are. The Express edition does not have support for a lot of functionality that is available in the Professional edition:
Upgrading to the Premier or Professional Editions of InstallShield
0 Kudos
NuNu304
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
Correct. The Express edition of InstallShield cannot any open projects that were created in the Professional edition of InstallShield—regardless of how basic they are. The Express edition does not have support for a lot of functionality that is available in the Professional edition:
Upgrading to the Premier or Professional Editions of InstallShield

Thank you.
0 Kudos