cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lou_Elston
Level 6

How to move SQL Scripts to another project?

New to SQL Scripts in Installshield. I need to merge two projects into one and I would rather not have to key in the script information again. I do not see an export option for SQL Scripts. Would it just be a matter of exporting the tables from one project and importing\merging that data into the tables of the second project, and if so...what tables? Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You can "publish" your SQL scripts to a repository. Then you can import them from the repository into a different project.

First define where you want the repository to be stored. On the Tools menu, click Options, then open the Repository tab. That's where you can define a local location. If you have the Premier edition, you can also define a network location, and share the repository with other users.

Once that's set up, right-click the SQL script in the SQL Scripts view, and then click Publish Wizard. The wizard will walk you through the steps needed to save your script in the repository.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
Lou_Elston
Level 6

Does this create the same component names, set the runtime information and text replacement information, etc., as was in the first project...or do I have to do this manually?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Oh, no. Sorry. The repository feature only imports an .sql file to and exports it from a repository.

What you'll want to do is to export the following tables to .idt files, and then import them to the new project using the Direct Editor:

ISSQLConnection
ISSQLConnectionDBServer
ISSQLConnectionScript
ISSQLDBMetaData
ISSQLRequirement
ISSQLScriptError
ISSQLScriptFile
ISSQLScriptImport
ISSQLScriptReplace
Component
Feature
FeatureComponents

If you use custom path variables for your SQL scripts, you'll also need to import the ISPathVariable table.

Once those tables are successfully imported, you'll need to add a dummy SQL connection and then delete it so that the SQLLogin and SQLBrowse dialogs are added to the new project.

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos