cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ivan_mysammy
Level 4

How to install windows service and pass parameters to it

Hi ISers,

I am new to InstallSheild, currently working on installing a windows service as part of my installation using IS 2010 PE v16. I tried to use components wizard to do that, but dont know how to pass parameters to the service (like host server name, port number and etc.). And i am not quite sure if this is the right way.

Thanks for any advice in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

To begin, please see the help topics "Installing, Controlling, and Configuring Windows Services" and "Services Settings". (The MSI help topics "ServiceInstall Table" and "ServiceControl Table" have information about what's going on behind the scenes when you use the InstallShield wizards.)
0 Kudos
Ivan_mysammy
Level 4

RobertDickau wrote:
To begin, please see the help topics "Installing, Controlling, and Configuring Windows Services" and "Services Settings". (The MSI help topics "ServiceInstall Table" and "ServiceControl Table" have information about what's going on behind the scenes when you use the InstallShield wizards.)

RobertDickau, your answer helps. the help file is really huge, but now I know where I should read from. Thanks!
0 Kudos
raysody
Level 2

RobertDickau wrote:

Newbie question - where is that help topic found? Do you have a link?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
raysody
Level 2

Thank you! I'm using InstallShield 2010 Express. Can a service be installed with the Express version? I can add a "feature" which is like a component, but I don't see any options for installing a service.
0 Kudos