Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
effetto
Level 3

How to include installshield executables to another instalalshield installation

Hi,
I just like to ask you to following question:

Which is the way to include 3 or 4 executables (installshield exes) in a new installshield msi project?
I would like to execute all these, during running of the new one executable.

In order to be more specific and understandably for my project, i have created 4 installashield installations and i would like to include all of them in one another installation in order to run all these executables one after the other.

Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
J_anitha
Level 8

You can either keep your 3 exes in the 4th one's SUPPORTDIR(only if the other installations are quite small in size) or add to SRCDIR.
From the 4th exe, you can use LaunchAppAndWait() API to call the other installations one after the other.

Is that what u were looking for?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you are working with a Basic MSI project, you may want to consider creating an InstallShield prerequisite for each .exe file.

The InstallShield help has a lot of information about creating InstallShield prerequisites and adding them to projects. Here are links to a few help topics:
0 Kudos
effetto
Level 3

Thank you guys!.

I have tried to add these secondary executables to the main as prerequisite but i don't know if this is the best idea for my project becasue maybe in this way i cannot handle these as one project during uninstall. (I will see about)

Anyway, i will try also to execute this in silent installation so probably i am gona need you again 😄
0 Kudos