cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uday1kiran
Level 3

How to hide prerequisite window

In Installshield created setup files, we will have below progress if any prerequisite installations are there before installing the main msi file extracted from setup.exe

Which is visible in the right edge of the screen.

Is it possible to hide this prerequisite screen???

And if possible how to keep our own custom progress bar in the splash screen itself.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
PlinyElder
Level 7

Im am unaware of any way to hide the loading dialog, i think its directly related to Microsoft and the MSI that is extracting to run. Im assuming this is a Basic MSI project type? In that scebario the only way to NOT display that loading dialog is to not have the setup as an .exe but a .msi

The .exe wrapper produces this loading dialog.
0 Kudos
uday1kiran
Level 3

I got a setting for every .prq files to hide the below window but not the progressbar I mentioned.

And coming to the seetings I mentioned earlier.

It is not related to msi but the wrapper exe.
0 Kudos
uday1kiran
Level 3

PlinyElder wrote:
Im am unaware of any way to hide the loading dialog, i think its directly related to Microsoft and the MSI that is extracting to run. Im assuming this is a Basic MSI project type? In that scebario the only way to NOT display that loading dialog is to not have the setup as an .exe but a .msi

The .exe wrapper produces this loading dialog.

If we run the installation through msi, these screens won't come.
But my requirement is to customize these screens instead of removing them with a more flashy one.
I have the project ism file with me with all the prq files.
When I run the compiled setup.exe it should get the mpre flashy screen than the default installshield one.
Can we do that??
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

Both the loading screen and the prerequisite dialog cannot be customized, its hardcoded into Installshield/Windows Installer.

There are things you can look at in the hardcoded data but its risky and you may break Installshield altogether so i've stayed away from it. For that information look at this thread
0 Kudos