cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesH
Level 3

How to get started w IS Limited Ed for VS 2010 ?

Hello, I am wondering how to get this IS LE for VS2010 to actually work. ?

I started trying to add a project to my VS solution, selectiing InstallShield. It asks me for a name of the project, and location. After entering this and clicking Next, it dumps me into this splash-page announcing InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio 2010. The only link is for Step 2: Go to the download web site. Clicking on this yielding nothing.
So I went to your website. I was not able to find any link for downloading this specific product. I signed up for a trial version of IS Limited Edition, and got the email to download, and installed it. Restarted VS2010. But when I try to create an installer project -- it still does the same thing. Useless splash-page.
So. How do you get to the point where you can actually start to try to use this?
Thank you for your advice,
James Hurst
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello James,

Could you kindly let us know whether you have installed InstallShield Limited Edition or other version of InstallShield?

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos
JamesH
Level 3

There seems to be two products that installed as a result of downloading your trial.
1. Installshield 2012 - Express Edition, Version 18
2. Installshield 2012 for Visual Studio 2010 -- I don't know how to tell it's version.
0 Kudos
bharath_k_s
Level 7

Hello James,

Could you kindly download InstallShield Limited Edition by using the below link and install it.

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Thanks,
Bharath
0 Kudos