cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank1234567891
Level 3

How to get Skin Customization Kit for VS2013 / InstallShield 2015

I have vs2013 and recently downloaded InstallShield LE. I don't know which version of ISLE it gave me and I don't see an explicit version number, except that under the About screen it gives it a copyright of 2015. Anyways, I was given a username and pwd for this forum but nothing else. I understand that to get the Skin Customization Kit I need to log into the Product and License center. I never got a login for that nor do I know how to get one. I was told that since ISLE was downloaded as a part of VS2013 I don't need to register it (and I have been using it without, to my knowledge, having registered it).

Can anyone tell me how to get the SC-Kit (and also a login for the Product/License center)?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Jamesbo
Level 5

I have found the flexara website exceedingly unpleasant to navigate. You could call or email their tech support, next best would be to search other sites for what you are looking for. My wild guess is that is the underlying design philosophy of the site (99% sales BS, 1% actual resources (in the form of a link to this forum or other subdomains)).

Don't worry, once you contact them they will certainly respond to your email.
0 Kudos
Jamesbo
Level 5

0 Kudos
frank1234567891
Level 3

Thanks! - that looks like what I need.

With respect to support, I have the InstallShieldLE for VS. Below is the quote from the email you get when you download the product:

"Support for InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio
Technical Support is provided exclusively via a private community forum dedicated to this product. This forum is monitored by Flexera Software Support Engineers, and response times are typically within 48-72 hours. No phone or email support is available at this time."

So apparently there is no phone or email support for the free ISLE product according to Flexera, only this forum.

Do you know how to get email support for ISLE?
0 Kudos
Stefan_Krueger
Level 9

The skin customization kit doesn't apply to the Limited Edition of InstallShield. It only works for project types that are exclusive in Professional and Premier editions.
Stefan Krueger
InstallSite.org
0 Kudos