cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICT-NL
Level 2

How to get Installshield licensed again after update from Windows 7 to 10?

Installshield StandAlone builder was running on a Windows 7 system which I updated to Windows 10.

However now during buildproces we get the following message:

24-7-19 14:22:44 CEST: ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

24-7-19 14:22:44 CEST: HMI\Release 1 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I have never set this machine up myself in the past so I have no idea where to look for the missing information and I have it, where to put it. The only thing I found is a (Maintenance) Serial Number and that we have extended the maintaince license up to Oktober 2019.

On the machine is a Installshield StandAlone installer which enables me to modify, repair or delete that program.

Can somebody point me into the right direction?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @ICT-NL,

Once you have updated your machine to Windows 10, it is required to reactivate the Installshield StandAlone builder again on that machine.

Before activating the Standalone on new OS, required to return the existing one. it can be done by logging to your Product and Licensing center portal.  Then you can activate on the new operating system. 

Once after returning the license, you can activate on the new operating system by generating the license from the Product and Licensing center portal. 

0 Kudos

You need to return your existing standalone license and generate new license file from PLC (based on new host id)

For detailed instructions, refer below link:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/plc/pdf/InstallShieldProductLicensing.pdf#page=9

0 Kudos

Thank you Varaprasad and Bana_k.

I did not had a login on the PLC so created a ticket and currently waiting for reply as the first changes they did for me did not work (could still not login).

0 Kudos