cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjsunj
Level 6

How to exclude .svn from a dynamic file linking

I have add a Dynamic File Linking to a comonent, and the Dynamic File Linkg Settings as follows:

[HTML][/HTML]

but I found only the files contain .svn will be excludeed, so how to exlucde all the .svn folders from the comonent?

Many Thanks!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The following post has a possible solution for this: http://community.macrovision.com/showpost.php?p=398862&postcount=4
0 Kudos
hjsunj
Level 6

Thanks, MichaelU, it works well:)
0 Kudos
hjsunj
Level 6

Sorry for troubling again!!
I still have a problem:
'Dynamic Files Linking' only works for component, but how can I exlude folder such as '.svn' when I insert folder into 'Support Files > Advanced Files > Disk1'?
0 Kudos
Darain
Level 6

Instead of defining all the svn-related file name patterns and letting InstallShield search through all directories to locate the files, I simply have another pre-build process copying from to a separate and by-passing any .svn directories. My projects have hundreds of folders and by-passing all .svn directories will be much better than searching through all of them with the ignore-file setting. You can eaily add other file filters as well.

This leaves the as clean as you want and I think it suits better your build purposes.
0 Kudos
hjsunj
Level 6

Thanks, Darain!
You're right. The pre-build process can do the job well other than depending on IS.
0 Kudos