cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

How to enable logging for suite package without command line

I have a suite package where we want to enable logging all of the time.
Is it possible to enable logging for a suite package without customer support having to provide a command line every time?
I have looked through general settings, and release settings but do not see a location where I can specify that I want the install to enable logging every time.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
D_Fraz
Level 4

DLee65 wrote:
I have a suite package where we want to enable logging all of the time.
Is it possible to enable logging for a suite package without customer support having to provide a command line every time?
I have looked through general settings, and release settings but do not see a location where I can specify that I want the install to enable logging every time.

In my installations I add the following in Releases>Setup.exe tab>MSI Command-Line Arguments "ALLUSERS=1 /L*v "%TEMP%\My_Install.log"" This will save the MSI log in the Temp directory of the user installing the product.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

D Fraz wrote:
In my installations I add the following in Releases>Setup.exe tab>MSI Command-Line Arguments "ALLUSERS=1 /L*v "%TEMP%\My_Install.log"" This will save the MSI log in the Temp directory of the user installing the product.

Yeah, I was hoping that it would be that easy for the suite package, but unfortunately not. TY for the reply.
0 Kudos