cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ermond
Level 3

How to edit DialogBoxes in IS Premium 2008?

Hello to all!
I need to add a new language to one of my projects made in Installshield 2008. I added the language (Albanian) and also created the new folder 041c (I think that's the code for Albanian) in \ and copied the _IsRes.dll file corresponding to the English Language. I also created the new 'Configuration Files' file named 0x041c in the folder . I created it using as template the file 0x0409 that corresponds to English.

Now my problem is with the DialogBox. How can I edit the file _IsRes.dll to make the necessary changes in the labels and strings of the dialogBoxes? I do not want to just edit them from the UserInterface->Dialogs view, of InstallShield because these dialogs won't be displayed with skins. And I also think it's better to have a new _IsRes.dll file corresponding to this language, because I might need it later again.
Thanks for any answers!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Ermond
Level 3

If there is the possibility to add a new language, there should be a way how to edit the _IsRes.dll because otherwise the option of adding a new language sounds really useless.
So anyone can help me on this please?
Thanks for any answers!
0 Kudos