cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display UNICODE dialog using IS2010

Hi,

I have just purchased the InstallShield 2010 to support UNICODE installer. I have to support 8 languages to the installer including Japanese and Chinese (simplified, Traditional).

What happened is that the test environment as following

- Windows Vista English OS
- System Locale is English (for non-Unicode program)

the installer has the language dialog to select 8 languages. I have selected Chinese simplified. then the result dialog is as attachment file. All the Chinese character get corrupted as [?].

I am using the "installscript project". not MSI project. I have read that InstallShield 2010 supports UNICODE.

If anyone knows something to solve this problem, please let me know ASAP.
That would be greatful!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
palanisamy
Level 7

For Engish OS Unicode are displayed as ???????????????.

I think language and settings are in English version, please change the language settings (ControlPanel-> Reginoal and Language options ) according to installer language,

Otherwise Check it on Specified language OS.
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

InstallScript runtime is still ANSI. We are considering Unicode support in a future release.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

For Engish OS Unicode are displayed as ???????????????.

I think language and settings are in English version, please change the language settings (ControlPanel-> Reginoal and Language options ) according to installer language,

Otherwise Check it on Specified language OS.

If I have to do this, that means the application is not UNICODE, because this procedure is for non-UNICODE application, I believe.

InstallScript runtime is still ANSI. We are considering Unicode support in a future release.

I just would like to ask that if I change the project to "InstallScript MSI project", can I fully support UNICODE?
0 Kudos