cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vasanthakumarmk
Level 5

How to debug InstallShield code while uninstalling from Control panel?

Jump to solution
Hello All, I need to debug code flow on the time of uninstalling my project from control panel. When I click 'debug' button to use debugging install shield code also installing. But I would need to debug while uninstalling. Can anybody please help me!!!!!
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @vasanthakumarmk ,

It might not be possible to debug InstallShield code when you launch setup from control panel.But you can try launching installed setup with debugging commandline /d to check whether that helps.

Based on the project type of yours,try out one of these given below:

For an InstallScript project, running the command Setup.exe /d runs the installation program with the InstallScript Debugger.

Note • Debugging InstallScript code requires the debug-information file Setup.dbg to be available. In addition, in order to debug an installation on a system other than your development machine, you need to copy certain files from your development machine to the debugging machine. To learn more, see Debugging an Installation on Any Computer.

For a Basic MSI project, the following command runs your InstallScript custom actions in the InstallScript Debugger:

Setup.exe /v"ISSCRIPTDEBUG=1 ISSCRIPTDEBUGPATH=\"path-to-Setup.dbg\""

Details about InstallShield libraries involved in debugging is given here:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/Subsystems/installshield22isdbg/helplibrary/DebuggingInstall-AnyComputer.htm?

Thanks,

Jenifer

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @vasanthakumarmk ,

It might not be possible to debug InstallShield code when you launch setup from control panel.But you can try launching installed setup with debugging commandline /d to check whether that helps.

Based on the project type of yours,try out one of these given below:

For an InstallScript project, running the command Setup.exe /d runs the installation program with the InstallScript Debugger.

Note • Debugging InstallScript code requires the debug-information file Setup.dbg to be available. In addition, in order to debug an installation on a system other than your development machine, you need to copy certain files from your development machine to the debugging machine. To learn more, see Debugging an Installation on Any Computer.

For a Basic MSI project, the following command runs your InstallScript custom actions in the InstallScript Debugger:

Setup.exe /v"ISSCRIPTDEBUG=1 ISSCRIPTDEBUGPATH=\"path-to-Setup.dbg\""

Details about InstallShield libraries involved in debugging is given here:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/Subsystems/installshield22isdbg/helplibrary/DebuggingInstall-AnyComputer.htm?

Thanks,

Jenifer

/d is working fine... Thank you so much for your help.
0 Kudos

One more clarification, How do debugging while upgrade.

Already I have my setup file in control panel. I need to debug install shield code while upgrading the setup.
Can you kindly let me know how to do that?

0 Kudos