cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harshane
Level 2

How to create own public property

Hi,
How can I create my own Public property? I want value of this to be set from Command prompt or from custom UI form. In help doucment its mentioned this can be done thru "Property Table", but i did not find Property table anywhere in my InstallShield Project..

Regards,
Harshal
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Vijay__K
Level 7

In the navigation pane there is 'Property Manager'
Create a new entry here, the property you create must be all in capital letters so that it is public.

Vj
0 Kudos
harshane
Level 2

Hi Vijay.
thanks a lot for your quick response. But I do not see Property manager in the navigation pane.
I am using Installshield 2010 Limited Edition which comes along with Visual Studio 2010. Please let me know where can I Find the Property Manager in InstallShield 2010. I am attaching a screen shot of my workspace for your reference.

Regards,
Harshal
0 Kudos
Vijay__K
Level 7

I see, I haven;t ever used this version of installshield, i use the premier edition.

Hope someone comes along to help you.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Hi Harshal,
For assistance with the InstallShield Limited Edition, please post in the InstallShield Limited Edition forum.

However in this case I'll tell you that the property table is not available in the Limited Edition (although conditions and custom actions can still reference properties). Public properties can still be set at the command line, but as editing dialogs requires the Professional Edition, that will also be unavailable.
0 Kudos