How to create a single-file installer

Our current installation project creates a number of files:
setup.exe
data1.cab
data2.cab
data1.hdr
ISSetup.dll
...etc...

I am looking for a way to condense everything into one big installer file. Some searching of documentation led me to Media > Releases > Release 1 > Setup.exe tab. I thought that setting a name in the Single Exe File Name field would do what I wanted, however, I put "Setup.exe" in that field and it resulted in an installer with the exact same set of files.

This is an installscript project, built via an Ant script call to ISCmdBld.exe. Is there a way for me to get a single-file installer with this setup?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Manuel_K
Level 4

Go to the "Build" tab and choose Compression: Compressed
This should output a single setup.exe or msi file.
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

its possible to get single.exe file only with installscript project type. If your project type is installscript MSI project we do not have option to create a single.exe.
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

The single exe file is created under "Package" folder and not under "Disk1".
For this, you just have to mention "setup.exe" in "Single Exe FileName" field.
0 Kudos
vizVel
Level 3

yes...use Build->Release Wizard, then it will create..
single exe file is under "Package" folder.
0 Kudos
gayathrim
Level 4

Go to Release Wizard, select Network Image option as Media Type and Compress all files option. This will create a single file exe (setup.exe only). This can be done for Installscript MSI project.
0 Kudos
samjohnston
Level 3

Thanks, everyone, for the help. Hopefully I can save someone some future frustration by explaining what happened.

The single-exe build works, I just didn't realize it right away. Our build process pulled files from Media/Release 1/Disk Images/Disk 1, but the single-exe installer was being placed in Media/Release 1/Package. We were just looking in the wrong place for it.
0 Kudos