cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitinj
Level 2

How to change the defualt STATUSEX message box?

Hi Friends,

I am new to install shield (using version 14). Please help me in editing the defualt dialog box STATUSEX. This dialog box doesnt even appear in the dialogs section.

Thanks,

nitinj
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
AndrewRich
Level 5

I'd also like assistance with this. Specifically, I have a requirement to remove the "Setup Status" text in the upper left corner, and I'd like to access the Sd dialog code.
0 Kudos
AndrewRich
Level 5

Well, I got this to work. I exported dialog resource 10305 from Redist\0409\i386\Skins\_IsRes.dll to an .RC (text resource) file. Then I added code to my build automation to replace text in that file and import the resource back into a copy of _IsRes.dll, which is then included in the built installer.

It seems a very hackish way of getting this done, especially now that (as compared to earlier versions) InstallShield includes direct editing of most dialog layouts and Sd dialog code for many dialogs.
0 Kudos
AndrewRich
Level 5

AndrewRich wrote:
Well, I got this to work. I exported dialog resource 10305 from Redist\0409\i386\Skins\_IsRes.dll to an .RC (text resource) file. Then I added code to my build automation to replace text in that file and import the resource back into a copy of _IsRes.dll, which is then included in the built installer.

In IS 2008, InstallShield has compressed the _IsRes.dll (and other DLL/EXE files) with PECompact2, an executable compressor that has the side effect (?) of rendering resource hacking tools useless. I'm working on a way around this and will update this post when I find it.
0 Kudos