cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkkhan
Level 4

How to avoid add/remove program entry.

Hi,

Am using Basic MSI Project as a launcher to some other *.exe's .. I do not want the entry of "My Wrapper Launcher" in the Add/Remove Program listings. Is there any way, that i can control for the appearance of this entry in the Add/Remove Program List.

Any kind of help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
MKK
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
Happy_Days
Level 7

Set ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property value to 1 in the Basic MSI project and this will hide it from the add/remove program.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

Hi,

Am using Basic MSI Project. How can i set the value of ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to "0 or 1 " programatically based on some conditions.

Which control or event makes the ARP entry ???

Any kind of help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
MKK
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

You might try the "set property" custom action based on the conditions you need.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

Setting of property can be done.. but when... i need to know the event in the sequence before which i can set the property value
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the help topic "RegisterProduct Action".
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

Not able to find out RegisterProduct Action.

I just need to execute the following block of code... Am just confused where to put this code...

My code :

MsiGetProperty(hMSI, "INSTALLER_INSTALL_TYPE", sLDMPCInstallType, nBufferValue);

If sLDMPCInstallType = "SERVER"
MsiSetProperty(hMSI, "ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT","0");
else
MsiSetProperty(hMSI, "ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT","1");
endif;

Just would like to know before which execution action or custom action i need to call this part of the code
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

RegisterProduct is in the Execute sequence (the InstallExecuteSequence table).

(If you just want to set the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property based on another property, you might look into a conditional set-property custom action, instead of using script.)
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

Just as a suggestion, if what you are trying to accomplish is not to have the launcher leave a footprint on the machine, you might be better off using an InstallScript project set to allow no maintenance. Setting the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property to "1" in a Basic MSI project prevents the installation from showing up in A/RP, but doesn't prevent the Windows Installer from registering it as installed.
0 Kudos
mkkhan
Level 4

I had put ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 in the property manager it works fine...

But when i make it back as 0 ... i dont see the entry into the ARP List.

The other details are.
ARPNOMODIFY = 1
ARPNOREPAIR = 1

Is there anything else to be done..???
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Instead of setting ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to 0, either delete the value or delete the entire property from the Property Manager?
0 Kudos