cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sriram_Vellanki
Level 3

How to apply skin for Setup Initialization window(Before welcome Dialog)

Hi
I am using Installshield2009 Professional(Trail Version) ........
I created a new Basic MSI Project .... Then i converted the Project into InstallScript MSI project .........

I selected one skin and wrote some script for dialoges(with out selecting any dialog from dailoges list) ....

After Building the Project ... When i was running the setup.exe i am getting the first window without applied skin. other than the first window all windows are applied with skin

can any body tell me the Procedure how to apply skin for that window.

Do the need full for me...................
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

Not sure if there is any trick or workaround to skin that dialog but instead you can use the Small Initialization Dialog (Releases view - Setup.exe settings).
0 Kudos
Sriram_Vellanki
Level 3

Thanks for the Reply......

I dont have an Idea how to create small initialization dialog box..
can i know the steps how to create the initialization dialog box..

i am using windows installer 4.5..
0 Kudos
Alibaba
Level 6

you could define a Splash Screen. Support Files > Splash Screen. You will get the Bitmap and the small init Screen displayed during initalization.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Sriram Vellanki wrote:
Thanks for the Reply......

I dont have an Idea how to create small initialization dialog box..
can i know the steps how to create the initialization dialog box..

i am using windows installer 4.5..

As I wrote before, select Releases View - Setup.exe tab - there you can enable 'Small Initialization Dialog' option.
0 Kudos
Sriram_Vellanki
Level 3

Holger_G wrote:
As I wrote before, select Releases View - Setup.exe tab - there you can enable 'Small Initialization Dialog' option.

When i start using windows installer 4.5 small initialization window is coming. But how to apply the skin for that window ....
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The behavior you are seeing is expected. In InstallScript MSI projects, the setup initialization dialog does not get skinned.
0 Kudos
Sriram_Vellanki
Level 3

joshstechnij wrote:
The behavior you are seeing is expected. In InstallScript MSI projects, the setup initialization dialog does not get skinned.

But i saw some where in others examples like they got the skin for that window.. just have a look at this.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

That setup initialization dialog is from a pure InstallScript project. Pure InstallScript projects use a different setup.exe and initialization dialog (which understands InstallScript dialog skins) than MSI projects.
0 Kudos
Kevin_Hodgson
Level 5

Add the following to your .theme near the beginning.
(Transform id="welcome")
(Add Control="Image" Type="Bitmap" Region="0 0 374 234" Attributes="1" Source="welcome.jpg"/)
(Add Control="DlgLine" Type="Line" Region="0 234 374 0" Attributes="1"/)
(/Transform)

That section should go right after the Theme Name section.

You also need to add the following section after all of your (Transform) sections

(Apply Transforms="welcome")
(Match Size="374 266"/)
(Include)
(Name)AdminWelcome(/Name)
(Name)SetupCompleteError(/Name)
(Name)SetupCompleteSuccess(/Name)
(Name)SetupInitialization(/Name)
(Name)SetupInterrupted(/Name)
(Name)InstallWelcome(/Name)
(Name)MaintenanceWelcome(/Name)
(Name)PatchWelcome(/Name)
(Name)SetupResume(/Name)
(Name)SplashBitmap(/Name)
(Name)Exterior(/Name)
(/Include)
(/Apply)

You'll need a Welcome.jpg in your Theme, I found 499x312 works best.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Themes are specific to Basic MSI projects. In an InstallScript MSI, the build code that applies the theme information to the setup.exe initialization dialog will be skipped. In addition, the MSI dialog changes specified in a theme file (for dialogs such as InstallWelcome, PatchWelcome, etc.) are applied to a Basic MSI project at design time. Since InstallScript MSI projects use InstallScript dialogs, the Themes node in the Dialogs view is unavailable. (Basically, MSI dialogs use themes, InstallScript dialogs use skins; neither are interchangeable with each other due to differences in UI support.)
0 Kudos