cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghvendra
Level 4

How to add Custom window in install shield professional edition

Hi All, i am creating a setup of my product .exe file using install shield professional edition. And i want to use my own custom dialogs instead of dialogs which install shield already have.
please help me.
:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Shuttledude
Level 7

1) Go to the Dialogs view (under "User Interface")

2) In the center window, right-click on "All Dialogs" and select "New Dialog"

3) This launches the Dialog wizard ... just follow the wizard.

More details are provided in the Help that is installed as part of InstallShield. On the main menu at the top of the page, click Help / Contents, and search on the word Dialog. Looking around I am sure you will find what you need to know about adding controls (radio buttons, edit boxes, etc.) and how to use them, also how to insert the dialog into your user interface.

Good luck! 🙂
0 Kudos
Raghvendra
Level 4

Shuttledude wrote:

More details are provided in the Help that is installed as part of InstallShield. On the main menu at the top of the page, click Help / Contents, and search on the word Dialog. Looking around I am sure you will find what you need to know about adding controls (radio buttons, edit boxes, etc.) and how to use them, also how to insert the dialog into your user interface.

Good luck! 🙂

Thanks for your Reply, i have one more doubt i want to add some custom theme on dialogs but in professional edition there are 11 themes already, but in IDE only 5 themes visible, so how i add my own custom theme..???
0 Kudos
Raghvendra
Level 4

Shuttledude wrote:

Good luck! 🙂

Hi Shuttledude, I have some dialogs (already designed) and i want to just use these dialogs in my install shield setup, so how to do it..??
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

Thanks for your Reply, i have one more doubt i want to add some custom theme on dialogs but in professional edition there are 11 themes already, but in IDE only 5 themes visible, so how i add my own custom theme..???

Here is a link that discusses how to create a new theme; note that this is for an older version of InstallShield, but it will probably still work. I have never tried this myself.

http://installjournal.blogspot.com/2009/11/how-to-create-custom-dialog-themes-for.html
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Shuttledude wrote:

Premier edtion support 11 themes, Professional support 5 themes.
0 Kudos
Raghvendra
Level 4

Kevin.Wan wrote:
Premier edtion support 11 themes, Professional support 5 themes.

Thanks Kevin 🙂
0 Kudos